Traditional Sicilian residential villa with outdoor pool situated on 10.000 m² of agricultural land in the heart of the Sicilian countryside. 40 km from the town of Agrigento and its beaches, and approx. 100 km from Palermo, the property is accessible from Palermo, Trapani and Catania international airports.
Details about the Villa:
-300 m² of historic villa completely renovated in 2009, three storeys high with 10 rooms and a total of 3 bathrooms located on the ground and first floors. The second floor of about 150 m² is currently an attic used for storage but can easily be converted into a fully functional loft.
– Ground floor and first floor are connected by an internal staircase, however if necessary, they can become two independent apartments since they have separate entrances accessible from the garden.
– The villa is within walking distance (10 min.) of the nearest shops and is accessible by two entrances. The main one has an automatic gate and an intercom system. The other gate leads through the orchard and can be utilized for larger mechanical vehicles.
– The property has fully independent gas, heating and alarm systems.
– The 15 m² terrace on the first floor which is accessed from the master bedroom has a beautiful view of the garden and the nearby hills.
– 1 large open plan dining room and fully fitted kitchen
– 1 living room with fire place
– 1 bedroom
– 1 bathroom (with shower)
– 1 pantry (possible 2nd bedroom)
– 1 wine cellar with antique press, barrels, stainless steel vats, the original stone tank where grapes were trod, now used for maceration/fermentation, plus all equipment used for winemaking.
– 1 large fully fitted kitchen
– 1 dining room with sofa bed
– 2 bedrooms
– 1 study (possible 3rd bedroom)
– 2 bathrooms (1 with shower, 1 with bathtub).
Details about the land:
– 10.000 m² completely fenced in with an independent irrigation system.
– 130 olive trees of which 30 are at least 100 years old and the rest are about 30 years old.
– 150 grapevines (for the production of Nero d’Avola red wine).
– Fruit trees (including apple, pear, plum, apricot, mulberry, loquat, pistachio, persimmon, fig, cherry, walnut, almond, orange and lemon).
– A large roofed barbecue and dining area on the ground floor for al fresco dining, surrounded by beautiful plants and tall shade trees.
– A deep well with excellent quality water in the garden, essential both for watering the orchard, as well as for domestic use inside the house and for filling up the swimming pool.
– An outdoor shed with a metal roof for storing farming equipment.
– Outdoor swimming pool of 50 m² with a sloping bottom and a Roman style staircase, surrounded by potted plants and olive trees. Next to the pool there is a small stone changing room with shower and separate toilet. There is also an outdoor shower.
The property can be sold fully furnished including all equipment and machinery necessary for cultivating the orchard, wine and oil making.
Price is subject to private negotation with owner.